KPMS believes that interscholastic sports and activities promote sportsmanship and citizenship. The athletic/activity programs instill pride in school, community, teach lessons for life, self discipline, and develops students physically and emotionally.
Activities/athletics are an extension of a solid educational program. Research shows that students who participate in activities/athletics tend to maintain higher grade point averages, better attendance, and fewer discipline problems.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all schedules are posted at this time. We hope to have them updated as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding!
|Sept – Oct
Sept – Oct
Two 7th/8th grade teams
6th/7th/8th graders, boys & girls.
|Season #2||Oct - Dec||Wrestling||6th/7th/8th graders, boys and girls|
|Season #3||Jan - Feb||Girls Basketball||7th & 8th grade teams|
|Season #4||March - April||7th & 8th grades|
|Season #5||Apr – May||
6th/7th/8th graders, boys & girls
SPORTS RELATED FEES FOR 2023/24:
- Pay to Play for each sport TBD
- $20 for ASB Card purchase
- Sports Physical fee varies. They are good for 2 years and are required for participation.
Any student wanting to participate in a school sport must have a current Sports Physical (forms may vary) on file here at KPMS. These physicals are done by a physician and are good for 24 months so if your student has participated in a sport in the past 24 months they do not need to be re-examined.
REGISTER FOR ATHLETICS AT kEY pENINSULA mIDDLE sCHOOL:
Please register by going to https://peninsula-wa.finalforms.com/ in order to:
1.) Create your parent account
2.) Add your student(s) to your account and select their sport
3.) Sign and submit your required forms to participate in that sport
Click on this Parent Playbook for a visual guide to getting started on FinalForms. If you require any support during the registration process, you can:
- Click the “Get Help” button the website for FinalForms technical support.
- Contact our office secretary, Jaime Ramsey-McGrath at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 530-4206 for KPMS support.
This will complete the registration process and your student will be ready to participate in athletics at Key Peninsula Middle School. Before the start of the season we will verify that all required paperwork has been submitted.
STUDENT ACCIDENT & SICKNESS INSURANCE:
Use the link below to access insurance enrollment forms or online enrollment.
Sports registration Requirement:
- $20.00 Associated Student Body (ASB) Membership-This annual feel covers all sports during a school year. Our ASB supports all student extracurriculars, including our sports teams!
- Sports Physical-They are current for 2 years from the date of the physical.
- Academic Eligibility-Student athletes must maintain a GPA of at leas 2.0 (which is a C average) and have no more than one course with an F.